So this past Monday I was taking Cooper to the vet so he could get fixed. Well he ended up not. After I took him later that morning the vet called me to say that Cooper would not stop throwing up. So I went to pick him up and he was so lethargic and didn't seem to notice I was picking him up. After a few hours at home we noticed he was still breathing fast, and gagging occasionally. So I called the vet and they said that hopefully being back in his own surroundings will help him calm down. Well didn't really work much. I ended having to take him back to the vet Tuesday and Cooper had to get a steroid shot, the vet said he could have pancaked so much that gagged him and he could have strained a vessel in his heart. But I am glad to say he is back to himself and feeling much better! Maybe we will try this again in May?
Saturday, April 11, 2009
My Poor Cooper
So this past Monday I was taking Cooper to the vet so he could get fixed. Well he ended up not. After I took him later that morning the vet called me to say that Cooper would not stop throwing up. So I went to pick him up and he was so lethargic and didn't seem to notice I was picking him up. After a few hours at home we noticed he was still breathing fast, and gagging occasionally. So I called the vet and they said that hopefully being back in his own surroundings will help him calm down. Well didn't really work much. I ended having to take him back to the vet Tuesday and Cooper had to get a steroid shot, the vet said he could have pancaked so much that gagged him and he could have strained a vessel in his heart. But I am glad to say he is back to himself and feeling much better! Maybe we will try this again in May?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment