Hey everyone! Sorry it has been so long since I've blogged. this has been one busy summer for me. June has been my busiest month! With of mix of working both nanny jobs, taking 2 summer classes and VBS at church its been like I haven't been home much. Well I'll just give you a cap on what my summer has been like so far.
Got to go on a family vacation with my mom, my sister Mindy and her husband Dan to Nashville, Tn for 3 days in May. We had a blast with going to the mall, zoo, Centennial Park, and Opryland Hotel. We had an awesome week of spending time with each other.
There never seems to be a dull moment in my schedule. things keep adding on it seems like every day. But a couple weeks ago June 15-19 was an awesome VBS to Australia on The Boomerang Express. This year was a little different for me. I normally help out in a room or teach in a classroom. But this year the couple that normally does all the music just had a baby. Therefore I got asked to head all that up this year. It was a little nerve wrecking at first but I had an awesome time! Teaching the kids music was a lot of fun with all the different moves we had to do with all the songs. I also really enjoyed getting a chance to get to know all the kids that came through our VBS with all ages instead of getting to know just one age group. Having kids from 3-year-olds all the way to 6th graders was a great experience. And I could not have gotten through all that if it wasn't for 2 girls that helped me that week. Ha and one funny thing is on Friday on family fun night I had little Abigail who is 2 with me that night. Well needless to say she had been clingy all week and I had to go on stage to lead in the theme song just like every night. Well Abigail ended up freaking out when I went on stage and had to come up there with me...so we did the Boomerang Express song motions and all with her on my hip. One awesome thing from that week is to see a little girl who is starting to come into the youth group get saved and accept Jesus Christ into her heart! It was all worth it to see a child of God go into his arms!
I did not know what I was getting into when I desided to take 2 summer classes... 2 classes that you have to do all the same work as any other semester smashed into 8 weeks!! Ahh! Lots of work ha but by the grace of God I know I can get through this. I'm pretty much doing paper after paper.
I am looking foward to this next week because I get to go with the youth group to summer camp to Orange Beach, Alabama! I'm excited to see how God works in my heart and in all of the student's hearts! Hopefully I will have an update when I get back!
Another thing to add is about my little cousin Braxton who is almost 3-years-old. On June 15 he got his foot ran over by the lawn mower by accadent. Thankfully by the grace of God he was able to keep his foot...he has now so far gone through about 6 sugereys and will have to go under a few more for skin grafts. Just want to say thankyou for everyone who has been praying for him and the family and please continue to pray that everything keeps healing.
No comments:
Post a Comment