Sunday, January 23, 2011
Prayer
About a week ago I attended a local church's DNow weekend as a leader for 7th grade girls. This has been my 6th or 7th DNow that I have been a leader for. To think when I was in high school and attended these as a student I would always tell myself how there is no way I would ever be able to do that. Well now look at me HA God had another plan in mind. This past weeks DNow weekend was on prayer. I had never done a whole weekend on prayer. But I loved it! It was so refreshing and it was something I really needed to hear myself. The theme verse for the weekend was "But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who sees in secret. And your Father will reward you." Matthew 6:6. We focused a lot on how when we become a Christian we inter into a relationship with Christ, and when we are in a relationship with anyone the key thing we do is communicate. Praying is our way to communicate with God and one of my favorite verses is; ""Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. The scripture that we went over in our small groups with they youth was in Matthew 6:9-13 we went through each verse on how Jesus gave the disciples the model prayer and on how we should pray also. It was a great weekend with these girls and I pray that the got something out of the weekend. Even though 7th grade girls can be challenging God gave me the strength to show these girls how we are to live like Christ and to live our lives to glorify God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment