When we were preparing to go to Amazima on a Saturday morning to spend time, play, and feed the children I was a little nervous and excited. I was not for sure if Dina would be there and was preparing myself for if she was not there. But I so deeply wanted to see her face to face hug her and tell her that I loved her. Well we got there and played with some of the kids, I was a little nervous to start looking for her. At one point they gathered all the children up for a bible story and as we sat there I looked around seeing if I could recognize her face but did not see her. Once this was over we were getting things ready for the children to get lunch. At this time I went up to Katie and asked if she knew if she was there, she asked some of the kids but it turned out Dina was at school. I was so sad. But right before we left I asked if the school girls had returned and was told they should be back soon. Finally I saw a group of girls show up, while I was about to load the bus to leave. I heard the other girls yell and point at me, "Dina! Dina! Sponsor!" I grabbed my friend Jessica and gave her my camera. We went and there she was oh I was so thrilled I asked if she was Dina and showed her the letter she wrote me and she said that it was her! I told her I was her sponsor and gave her a big hug and told her I was so glad to get to meet her and that I loved her. I also had a letter ready and a picture of me to give to her. Then I got my picture with her. I was sad that it was a short little visit but so thankful I can say I sponsor a girl in Uganda and I have meet her in person!! I am so thankful God gave me that opportunity! I will be sending Dina the picture of the 2 of us so she has the memory as well.
Me with Dina
Me with Katie Davis
Our group with Katie
Getting my hair braided by some of the kids.
Me with a few kids
One of my favorite pictures!
Katie Davis just wrote a book and comes out I think October 4th. I pre-orderd mine! Here is a promo for the book.


No comments:
Post a Comment