Friday, September 9, 2011

Man Up

There is a slogan I recently came across through my trip to Africa "Man up protect and love the fatherless".  There are so many women that go on mission trips to love on the children in orphanages but those children need men to come love on them as well.

One thing that has really stuck out to me on my trip to Africa is that there were countless Godly African men I had the pleasure of meeting that were doing just that.  Oh I was so blessed to see how these men were stepping up in their villages to share the gospel to these people and children and to show them love. 

Let me tell you of a sweet 13 year old boy who I meet in Uganda.  His name is Christopher and I could just see the love in him that Pastor Issac the man that runs the orphanage in this boy.  This boy when asked what he wanted to do, "I want to have a bright future, I want to become a pilot, then I want to be a pastor and build my own orphanage."  I held back tears when he told me his dreams.  I just smiled at him and told him that he had a wonderful dream! To hear his dream showed me how much Pastor Issac has influenced him.  I pray for Christopher that he can fulfill his dreams!

So you men out there who want to go on mission trips to build.  Think of Christopher and all the other young boys out there who need your role model to show them the love of Christ.  Those boys need your encouragement just as much as the women that go if not more!

Me with Christopher 

Me with Pastor Issac 

Pastor Samuel 

Some of the boys at Cannan's

Raoul sharing with the children at Amazima.


William who was the only man on our trip.


No comments: