Monday, January 21, 2013

Simply Love

I have been back in Indiana for a little over a week now after being in Uganda and Kenya for 2 weeks. By my other post you can see that this was my second trip to Africa. This one was such an amazing trip and is till hard to put into word what I experienced and how I feel. It has been a hard adjustment for me to come back. My life in Indiana is well I guess you could say crazy and busy, but I love it. Between teaching preschool 3 days a week in the mornings and nannying for 2 families and helping out a 3rd occasionally my life gets pretty busy. But I simply love the children that I have filled my life with everyday and enjoy getting to watch them grow.

On another note I have also fallen in love with many children in Africa that I have gotten close to over my past two trips. People ask if I will move there or go back again. The truth is I truly do not know what God has in store for my future and that is one thing I have struggled with is not knowing what I will be doing for the next few years. But this past year and more so while I was in Africa I have worked on completely handing over " my" plans for my life to God. I do not know where I'll be or what I will be doing in the years to come...will I be teaching in a preschool? Will I be a nanny still? Will I be married? Will I be starting a family? Will I be living in a different country or in a different state? Will I be coleading short term trips to Africa through Visiting Orphans? I do not know and I am content with that and I know God will open doors and show me what he has for my life in His timing. Half way through our trip we stayed at a place called The Haven to rejuvenate and debrief. It sat right on the Nile River. What a breathtaking sight it was to be there and marvel at God glorious creation and sit there as I pray and soak it all in and just hand God my future to know that whatever it is I will be doing I will be doing it to glorify Him and not me and simply loving life.

I look foward to sharing with you things I experienced on my trip, I will try to write more as I continue to process the trip. I am excited to see what will unfold in my life from this trip and what God is doing through this experience.

Here are a couple pics of me at The Nile.



No comments: