Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Start of Many Africa Adventures

The trip started out bumpy, I left early in the morning with my sister and husband for them to drive me to the airport in Nashville, Tn. The whole car ride I was not feeling well and nauseous from the antibiotic shot I had to get the day before for my yucky sore throat and cough. I was praying the whole drive there that I would start to feel better and that I didn't feel miserable through the whole trip. We made it to the airport and I was starting to feel better. While I was anxiously waiting for Merrill and her husband Michael who are the trip leaders to arrive. When they got there our flight had been canceled and delayed, which meant we might not get to see the rest of the team till Uganda. But Praise The Lord we got put on standby on a early flight that meant we had to get through security and to the gate. When we arrived at the gate they had 3 people that had not checked in for the flight yet. We waited and prayed for 10 more min. Those 3 people never showed and we got on the plane! Such a God moment! We arrived in Atlanta and got to meet the rest of our team.

It was so surreal getting to finally meet everyone on the team because up till now I have only seen pictures of them and heard their voices on the conference calls. I loved getting to have conversations with them and getting to know some more. When we finally arrived in Uganda it felt so good to be back! I was so excited and happy. We spent the night at a guest house that was very nice. My first room mates for the trip was Chelsea and Tiffany. The next morning after breakfast we loaded up the van to head to the village of Bugaboo to spend the next several days. As we drove through Uganda I took deep breaths of the African air closed my eyes and smiled to be back in this beautiful country.

And so starts the many adventures in Africa!


The first guest house we stayed at.



Getting ready to load up the van.






Driving through Africa!

No comments: